Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Surprise Birthday Pressie!

My very first beginner serger to join my very first beginner sewing machine! 

Brand: Brother (via Amazon)
Model: 1034D (Homelock)
3-4 thread lay in tension serger with lower looped threader


I admit I've hinted to the hubby that I wanted one a while back, but truly didn't expect to get it just yet what with the recent emergency trip back to Malaysia and so on. He managed to keep it under wraps, I didn't even guess it!


It's still in it's box, I haven't opened it yet since I got it yesterday, hehehe... Am prolonging the celebration you see... :) Yay!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Far - what a lovely present. I hope you get to enjoy it lots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Far. I know you will get LOTS of use from your new serger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah Liz & Faye! Just Opened The Box, Hehe... Looks Very Intimidating...But I Am Supe Stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Far! What a wonderful birthday present, and I know you are going to enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn :) it is quite a scary machine... it seems and cut. Will need to test n practice tonnes before I use it in an actual garment construction, or else everything I sew will get smaller by the cutter... eeekk

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday. You have a good hubby.
    We have the same machine, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely present from you hubs. He definitely has good listening skills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Have fun playing with it! That's the one i have - it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks! I'm sure once I muster enough confidence, I'll start having fun with it! hehe

      Delete
  8. very cool and happy belated birthday! dont lose the manual like i did... cant wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I will remember to keep my manual where I can find it... But it will take me awhile before I can conquer my hmmmm machine intimidated-ness....

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my page. I love hearing from you, so thank you for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it! :)